The drum sander is useful when you need to work with wide panels or figured wood. This is also useful when you want to flatten and smooth out wide panels, or if you want to reduce stock thickness without grain tears. If you are looking for a drum sander that offers the twin benefits of efficiency and space economy, you can check out the Supermax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander. Supermax tools is one of the best known when we talk about drum sanders.
The new Supermax 16-32 drum sander features a patented ‘Quick Adjustment Lever’ which enhances the drum with its entire 0 ” to 3 ” height range with easy pulling of the lever. The traditional adjustment wheel still allows for fine adjustments, but for large adjustments the wheel does not need to be repeated. In addition, the patented ” Fast Lever ” allows fast adjustments for wide and narrow stock. The Turbo Vent Dust port uses Impeller-like wings to improve dust collection by up to 15%, and the rear-mounted conveyor motor pulls the stock instead of pushing it to improve conveyor tracking. Super Max16-32 has a built-in DRO, which is coupled with Super Max IntelliSand technology, which is easy to set up and sands without having to fire or overload the motor. The Super Max 16-32 eliminates flat, smooth surfaces with unsteady consistency, giving you the benefits of a wide belt sander at a price that won’t break the bank. It offers 16 ” sand width in a single pass and 32 ” in a double pass. The 16-32 drum sander comes standard with an open stand, and the drum is pre-wrapped with an 80-grit sandpaper.
- a Supermax 16-32 Drum Sander.
- One open Stand.
- An 80-Grit Drum Wrap already installed.
- It has a quick adjustment lever for fast height adjustment. You simply have to pull the lever to go from 0 inches to 3 inches.
- It has a built-in digital readout for accuracy and ease of setup.
- Intelisand technology automatically adjusts the conveyor speed based on load, damages or burns the stock, provides consistent finish even with different grain pattern and density, and increases friction planning and dimensional speed.
- It has a single alignment point. It is a nut conveyor that is parallel to the sand head.
- It also has an indicator conveyor arrangement for wide stack.
- The extra-wide conveyor supports the stock more than the width.
- It eliminates setback in thrust bearing height adjustment.
- It has an extra wide space for easy access to abrasive fastening system.
- The self-cooling drum prevents overheating and prolongs friction life.
- The tension rollers can adjust height and reduce stress to help prevent sniping.
- It also has optional tables available for additional support.
- It also includes a detailed user manual.
- It maintains strict tolerances for sand parts in the industry.
- It has a fully enclosed fan cooler that prevents major motor dust infiltration and helps prevent overheating.
- It aligns the conveyor to the head of the sand faster and easier by adjusting a nut.
- It is an exceptional model from a company that specializes.
- It is a little expensive.
The Supermax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander helps you produce well-gritted surfaces without much effort. Once set up, the 16-32 may be confident that you can get parallel surfaces at all times. Super max is known for its high quality sanding instruments. These sanders are not cheap, but they last forever. Supermax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander is solid and reliable. It can be used by you for years with very good results. If you are a professional, or a talented hobbyist, you may find this sander a very easy task handler for your purposes. However, as an occasional homeowner for sander, you can’t fault this model. It is powerful for use with most household chores. The Supermax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander is not your typical power sander. It produces excellent surface finishes over a wide variety of materials. Therefore, this Supermax Tools 16-32 Drum Sander is worth every cent you invest in it. For what you’ll pay for it, it is a good tool to have in your shop and we would recommend giving it a try especially if you do any type of shaping with wood. Walter Surface Technologies Line-Mate III Drum Sander is also a great sander available in the market.