Walter 30A268 Review – Line-Mate III Model 6268 Variable Speed Drum Sander
The drum sander is useful when you need to work with wide panels or figured wood. This is also useful when you want to flatten and smooth out wide panels or if you want to reduce stock thickness without grain tears. If you are looking for a drum sander that offers the twin benefits of efficiency and space economy, you can check out the Walter Surface Technologies 30A268 Line-Mate III Drum Sander. Walter Surface Technologies is one of the best known when we talk about drum sanders.
Walter Surface Technologies Line-Mate III drum sander is a versatile variable speed tool that allows you to quickly and easily apply a wide range of linear finishes to metal surfaces. Its powerful motor helps you complete even the toughest jobs with ease. RPM is stable under load for a consistent and uniform finish each time. Line-Mate III Drum Sander sets the standard for industrial linear finishing. By combining power, endurance, and operator comfort with top-quality finishing abrasives, you can expect nothing but the best with our Line-Mate III finishing tool. Made from industrial quality abrasive cloth, this surface preparation drum provides a linear finish on the surface of various metals such as stainless steel, steel, and aluminum. The finishing drum is great for its effective performance even at a rotational speed. Ensuring uniformity, this surface sand drum can be used ideal for grain and light metal removal.
- This is a versatile tool that operates at variable speed
- It provides a wide variety of line finishes on metal surfaces.
- This finishing tool produces a consistent and uniform finish even under load.
- This surface finishing tool has been upgraded to a more powerful and more efficient motor, making it easier to perform more rigorous surface conditioning work.
- This drum sander can be used for industrial-grade line-finishing or decorative finishing,
- It is specially made to be used on cast iron, stainless steel, steel, and non-ferrous metals.
- A sanding drum can be used with this abrasive finishing tool.
- The spindle of this drum sander can easily be locked to change the wheel quickly.
- The side handle is also provided for added safety and speed control.
- Its motor speed ranges from 1,000 to 3,800 RPM and
- The motor operates at 120V in AC mode.
- The thread size of the spindle is 5 / 8–11 inches.
- The power finishing tool weighs 17.46 lbs.
- It has 3-1 / 2 to 5 inches diameter drums.
- It also contains a user manual.
- It is a variable speed tool.
- It is a 120 V drum finishing tool for decorative finishes, surface preparation, and cleaning.
- It can be used in applications requiring industrial finishing, grinding, and linear scratch design.
- It is made for use in cast iron, steel, stainless steel, and nonferrous metals.
- Its speed ranges from 1,000 to 3,800 rpm.
- Electric Speed Control helps maintain a set speed to provide a uniform finish.
- It can be used with drums 3-1 / 2 5 to 5 ″ diameter (sold separately) and spindle with 5/8 ″ -11 thread size.
- It includes a side handle with a handguard for safety and control.
- It can be a little expensive for hobbyists.
The Walter Surface Technologies Line-Mate III drum sander helps you produce well-gritted surfaces without much effort. Once set up, the Walter Surface Technologies Line-Mate III drum sander may be confident that you can get parallel surfaces at all times. Walter Surface Technologies is known for its high-quality sanding instruments. These sanders are not cheap, but they last forever. Walter Surface Technologies Line-Mate III drum sander is solid and reliable. You can use it for years with excellent results. If you are a professional or a talented hobbyist, you may find this sander a very easy task handler for your purposes. However, as an occasional homeowner for sander, you can’t fault this model. It is powerful for use with most household chores. The Walter Surface Technologies Line-Mate III drum sander is not your typical power sander. It produces excellent surface finishes over a wide variety of materials. Therefore, this Walter Surface Technologies Line-Mate III drum sander is worth every cent you invest in it. It is a good tool to have in your shop for what you’ll pay for it, and we would recommend giving it a try, especially if you do any shaping with wood.
Shop Fox D4595 Hand-Held Pneumatic Drum Sander is also a great sander available in the market.